Appointments at our office typically begin with a small amount of paper work that only takes a couple minutes to complete. Next, you will be seen by Dr. Zach Winkelmann. New patient appointment typically take around 20 minutes and will include the following:
- Dr. Zach will go over your condition, history and what brought you into the office.
- Digital X-rays are available in office so X-rays may be taken. Children, teens and pregnant women will NOT be X-rayed unless their condition or injury requires them. X-rays are important because it helps the doctor see where the subluxations are located, what condition a persons spine is in and for patient education.
- After X-rays are taken, Dr. Zach will go through the X-rays with you so that you can understand what is wrong and how it will be fixed. Many health care professional take X-rays and never show the patient. Dr. Zach believes X-rays are there for both the patient and himself so you will be shown your the X-rays so that YOU can understand what is wrong.
- An adjustment will always be given on the FIRST visit unless the X-rays how on contraindication to adjusting. At NO time will you be asked to be unclothed or be in a gown.
- If you have been under chiropractic care in the past and have a specific adjustment or request PLEASE tell Dr. Zach. He has training in many different techniques and wants to know which works best for you. If you have never been to a chiropractor, he will explain exactly what he is doing so you won’t have any surprises!
- To finish your appointment a follow-up appointment will be scheduled.
- The second visit will consist of an adjustment, an explanation of insurance, a care plan and you will be given exercises that will help you become well. The care plans explain what Dr. Zach thinks will be best for you. Everyone is different and may require a different care plan. He WILL NOT expect you to come in daily and wants to make you well in the shortest time possible. Once you get through acute care a maintenance plan will be recommended to keep you feeling great!
If you are new to chiropractic care Dr. Zach will explain what you can expect after the adjustments. Most patients will typically be slightly sore as when joints are adjusted the muscles shift as well. The goal is to get the muscles to shift, heal in the correct place and then hold the joint. A little muscle soreness is good as it means you are healing!
If you have any additional questions, please call and we will be happy to go into further detail. Call (307) 763-4141 today to begin your journey of pain free living!